Best Recipe Ideas for Lent
It is that time of year again. Lent is here. For most Christians that means they give up something “tempting” between Ash Wednesday and Easter. For Catholics, that also usually means abstaining from meat on Fridays of Lent. To help with your meal planning over the next 40 days here is my round up of the Best Recipe Ideas for Lent.
Soup and Salad
- Everyone’s favorite lunch time soup made at home. A filling soup that is perfect for Lent since it just includes a handful of vegetables and cheddar cheese.
- Keeping on the theme of copycat restaurant recipes is this recipe for everyone’s Olive Garden favorite. Whip up the simple dressing and top a huge green salad for a quick lunch option.
- Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches are one of those great culinary combinations. Like peanut butter and jelly or burgers and fries.
- Friends. This recipe is a W.I.N.N.E.R. Super flavorful and juicy shrimp dripping in lemon and garlic butter goodness.
- Sometimes it shocks me how popular this sandwich is on the blog. I mean it’s a simple tuna melt sandwich! But there is obviously some merit to why it constantly ranks as one of my most viewed posts.
- Let me start by saying the sauce for this sandwich is Da Bomb y’all! Paired on a toasted bun with garlic butter baked popcorn shrimp, shredded lettuce, and diced tomatoes. Sooooo good!
Pasta and Pizza
- Macaroni and Cheese from a blue box was the staple of my childhood. Especially during lent. Quick, simple, and kid-friendly.
- Seriously. This homemade sauce only takes 3 ingredients (and a few seasonings) in order to pair perfectly with your favorite pasta shapes. So simple!
- Cheese Pizzas are also one of those Lenten staples of any Catholic kid’s childhood. But using a flour tortilla shell for the crust is ridiculously easy to throw together.
- I can’t believe I’m going to say this. But, here it goes. Hold the bacon. Now I am really only saying it for the sake of keeping with today’s round up of meatless meals. Even without the bacon, this pasta dish packs a flavorful punch of veggie goodness.
Breakfast for Dinner
- IHOP and Village Inn don’t have anything on me and my buttermilk pancake recipe. If you are looking for a great Brinner (Breakfast + Dinner) idea, you have come to the right place with this winner!
- Decadent and delicious is this recipe’s middle name. Okay maybe that’s not totally true, but it should be used to describe this sweet, breakfast-y treat.
Best Recipe Ideas for Lent
No matter if it is soup, salad, pasta, pizza, seafood or breakfast for dinner, these meatless meal ideas are perfect for any Friday during Lent when you just aren’t feeling the local church fried fish. Stay home, whip up a simple meal, and watch your favorite tv shows with the family.